Ladies put down the soda, energy drinks and coffee!
I know we all need to quench our thirst now and then, but instead of sugar-laden drinks, pick up a bottle of water. Some may not like water because it’s flavorless and boring. However, if you add the right fruits, vegetables and herbs you won’t be able to put the bottle down.
First let’s get into some benefits of naturally infused water.
- When you prepare water with naturally infused fruits, vegetables and herbs, the nutrients leak out to give a flavor packed drink. The water will be rich in vitamins, antioxidants, phytonutrients and minerals, which is always healthier alternative than store-bought Vitamin Water, plain water or soda.
- Infused water will have antioxidants that fight free radicals and increase collagen production. Nearly perfect skin here we come!
- The compounds in the fruit will potentially speed up your metabolism, which in return, will burn more calories. For example, lemon water is known for its metabolism boosting effects. The drink will leave you energized and promote fat loss.
- Infused water contains fewer calories and sugars than most energy drinks. By drinking infused water, you will have more control over your weight and feel full longer between meals.
- Since this water is high in vitamins, it provides exuberant amounts of energy. Anyone can drink this water, but it is particularly good for athletes, fitness freaks and active people. It is a lot healthier than sports drinks and provides electrolytes and antioxidant power.
- Citrus infused water helps with stomach digestion. Water infused with oranges, apples, papaya, lemon and ginger help cleanse the body’s systems.
- Water infused with antioxidant fruit cleanses the body and helps eliminate toxins. The water will keep your body hydrated and remove waste from your system. As a result, you will have a stronger immune system and better health.
The best kind of water to drink is natural spring, artesian or mineral. These waters are free of byproducts, bacteria and pathogens. If you cannot afford theses types of water options, a water filter such as Brita will be absolutely fine.
A few of my favorite infused combinations include:
Lemon and strawberry
Blueberry, Raspberry and Strawberry
Lemon and Ginger
Cucumber, Mint and Lemon
I can personally say that these infused waters keep me energized and full between meals. With that being said, drink up!